Per Aprilaire, 94% of all homes in the US are in need of humidification. The opportunities are endless if the dealer will just offer a humidifier on every sale. Aprilaire introduced the first humidifier to the nation in 1953, over 62 years making quality humidification products for the homeowner. A companies years of experience in an industry shows stability, but that’s only one attribute you can use to build confidence that Aprilaire is the right humidifier brand to be offering. So, to help you paint an even better picture, listed below are some facts about Aprilaire you may find more interesting.
- Aprilaire is the #1 humidifier manufacturer in the world.
- Aprilaire humidifiers are manufactured and assembled in the America. Buy at home, buy American!
- Aprilaire is the only humidifier manufacturer that does NOT sell to the big box stores or direct to the public. Aprilaire only sells to licensed contractors and states that in all of their literature and installation manuals.
- Aprilaire humidifiers have a 5 year warranty on all parts except the water panel. Water panels need to be replaced once a year so they are not part of the warranty.
- Aprilaire humidifiers are beautiful: a pleasing blend of light blue and gray colors on a sleek modern design. Hands down, Aprilaire humidifiers are the best looking product on the market.
- Aprilaire has a tech support staff to answer any questions. Call 800-334-6011 for any help needed.
- Aprilaire humidifiers have a bypass damper with printed SUMMER and WINTER positions so the homeowner will not get confused with “open” and “closed” designations. This eliminates unnecessary phone calls from confused homeowners.
- Aprilaire humidifiers have a 1 ½ inch start collar to make installing bypass ductwork easy and to allow easy damper movement. The deep collar also has predrilled holes to attach the bypass ductwork eliminating any chance to crack the plastic of the humidifier.
- Aprilaire humidifiers use a solenoid designed to accept a hot water line with no chance of melting the plastic solenoid connection.
- Aprilaire humidifiers can be easily converted from right to left for the bypass ductwork. The conversion takes less than 3 minutes.
- Aprilaire humidifiers have the easiest to change water panels in the industry. Homeowners will love the ease of changing their own water panels.
- On Aprilaire humidifiers the water distribution tray is sonic welded and properly designed so that the water is distributed evenly to all areas of the water panel allowing higher efficiency water usage. More humidification with less water!
- All Aprilaire humidifiers can be wired to almost any IAQ thermostat that has a humidification option. This eliminates the need for a humidifier control and allows the use of the less costly M series manual humidifiers.
- The 500, 600 and 700 series Aprilaire humidifiers come standard with an Automatic Humidifier Control. The advantages of that control are excellent:
- It is fully digital control, the only digital control that comes standard in the humidifier box.
- It has a G terminal that allows the furnace fan to run without a call for heat but with a call for humidification.
- It is a “set it and forget it” control which means that if the RH in the home is above 45% the Control will not allow the humidifier to come on. As soon as the RH drops below the RH set point the Control calls for humidity.
- It has three service lights for homeowner notification: red indicates “need service”, yellow indicates the water panel needs to be changed, green indicates the humidifier is running.
- When used with an outdoor air sensor (supplied with the Control), the Control is completely automatic. It determines the amount of humidity needed based on the outdoor temperature.
- Any Aprilaire humidifier can be upgraded to fully automatic by installing the Control.
- The Control can also operate in the manual mode allowing the homeowner to manually adjust the humidity settings on the Control.
Special limited time discounts on humidifiers are on available for a limited time, so don’t wait!
Latest posts by Cal Berry (see all)
- Include Profit, You’re Worth It! | HVAC Pricing Series Part 6 – July 21, 2016
- Can You Change Your Costs | HVAC Pricing Series Part 5 – July 14, 2016
- Overhead Costs | HVAC Pricing Series Part 4 – June 9, 2016